:: image via pinterest ::
But if you want to do a stocking right, like, "Omg, this stocking is full of good, useful, cool stuff!" it takes a bit more thought.
Speaking on behalf of all ladies, here are 10 things I think we'd all be happy to find in our stockings:
1. A pair of black opaque tights
2. A couple pairs of whatever nicer underwear we tend to wear
3. A pair of athletic socks
4. A good lip balm, like maybe this Fresh one, this Kiehl's one, or a nice shea butter one
5. A book you heard was good that you think we might like
6. A splurge-y special nail polish (aaaah all the colors are so good it's killing me!)
7. An ultra fine-tipped Sharpie and a metallic gold Sharpie
8. A Toblerone bar
9. A mix CD (or some burned CDs you think we might like)
10. A pack of these soft hair ties
What did I miss? What else would make a great stocking stuffer?
Also: Do you wrap gifts that go in stockings? My family always did! We'd wrap even the tiniest thing. Going through the process of unwrapping everything was part of the fun. When I went to spend Christmas with my husband's family I was in shock to learn they didn't! Apparently lots of people don't wrap stocking stuffers. Where do you stand?
P.S. I looooved this post about 10 great things to give. (Don't worry - it's actual things. Not, like, "appreciation." That doesn't count.)